Naturally Raised Beef
On our farm, we currently have 45 cows and growing. The majority of our cows were born and raised on our farm, and have been brought into the herd as replacement heifers.
Our herd is a mix of Limousin, Black Angus, and Charolais. Our calve are born born on pasture and finished on the farm. Our beef products are all from our own family farms so we can assure you the best care and best tasting meat for you and your family.
Celtic Ridge Farms
What Does Naturally Raised Mean To Us?
We have developed our own simple, yet effective protocols for ensuring the raising of our cows and calves is natural, which means:
- no growth hormones or additives
- all cattle are raised on a vegetarian diet, which means hay, pasture grasses, and high quality corn
- all cattle have access to free choice feed and water, and acres and acres of rolling hills and pastures
- born, bred, & raised on our family farms. We know exactly what cow each calf is from and this allows us to continue strong genetics and universal taste for our beef!
Our farm has been audited by an independent third-party representing the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef and nationally certified in the sustainable raising of cattle and the environment through the Verified Beef Production Plus program.
ACHIEVING THE BEST TASTE
While it is hard work raising the best beef, we recognize that there are many different ways to enjoy beef.
Click here for a link of cuts and tips for cooking your beef from MakeitOntarioBeef.ca!
Best Quality Beef
We have been working with families over the last few years to understand the best way to provide naturally raised beef to your door step.
Our beef is all dry-aged, which means it hangs in an air-controlled environment for at least 21 days. This allows the moisture in the beef to be reduced, and therefore add to the flavour and tenderness of the meat.
- steaks, roasts, ground beef
- all-beef sausages
- all-beef hamburger patties
- large orders, with custom cutting (1/4 and 1/2)
THE CELTIC RIDGE FARM STORE
Farm Store & Meat Shoppe: Farm Raised Beef, Lamb & Chicken, Seasonal Produce, Elgin County Artisans, Gourmet Spices & Sauces